Process a refund
Students may request refunds for cancellation of the service or incorrect payments. We’ll help you process a refund if your students request one.
The refund process for your business solely depends on your organization and how you run your training brand business. It’s best that before you start running and selling courses and products you already have the refund terms, so you’re ready when the situation arises.
For some, they include the terms for cancellation and refund terms during the registration and ask the students to agree to their terms and agreements before they proceed with the checkout. The others, on the other hand, advise their students about non-refundable agreements when they register for a course.
We highly recommend that you have your refund process in place before any student registers for a membership.
Process a refund
You can process a refund for a fully or partially paid transaction.
You can process a refund for an invoice only once. Once it has been processed, you can no longer process another refund on the same invoice.
- Go to Invoices, then find and select the invoice or payment that you want to refund.
- Under the Payments section, select Refund next to the payment details. The Refund Payment window should pop-up on your screen.
- (Optional) To process a full refund, select the Full Amount checkbox.
- (Optional) To void the transaction after your process the refund, select the Void Invoice checkbox. We recommend doing this if you don’t want this invoice to show on your reports.
- In the Amount field, enter the amount you want to refund.
- Select your preferred payment method from the Select Mode dropdown. It can be Card or Cash.
The Select Mode dropdown will show if your student made their payment using a card.
- Card: You can select this if you have either Razorpay, Stripe, or PaymentString connected to your account and you received your student’s payment through these services.
- Cash: You can select this if the student wants to receive the refund in cash even if they previously made their payment using their card. For those who processed their payment in cash, the default refund method is cash.
- (Optional) To add more details about the refund, enter it in the Notes/Memo field.
- Select Submit.
The status of the invoice should be updated. If you select the Void Invoice checkbox, it should show as “Voided,” otherwise, it should show as “Partial” regardless of the refund amount.
Created by: Paul Romuel Danila