Add or upload contents
Learn how you can add contents for discussion to your course curriculum on Wajooba.
Aside from hosting live sessions, classes, or events, you can also share educational resources or training materials to your students. You can give them access to images, videos, audio, or PDF files that will help them have an in-depth understanding of the course.
Based on how you want a topic to be facilitated and your available files, your contents can be supplemental resources about a topic you discussed in a class you hosted. It can also be a content which does not need a separate class for discussion as it already explains the whole topic to your students.
We’ll help you upload any of your files.
Step 1: Upload contents
Let’s start uploading content. Follow these steps.
- From your course, go to Classes & Curriculum.
- Under Curriculum, select the section where you want to add an activity.
💡 If you want to add a new section, select Add Section.
- Select Add Activity, then Content.
- Enter the name and description of the activity in its corresponding fields. For example, "Introduction to Computer Science" or the topic of your discussion.
- To add details, instructions, or keynotes about the discussion, select Add Description.
💡 You can format your texts and insert tables to your description.
- To upload content or a YouTube or Vimeo link, select Add content under Media, then select Upload Content or Link, respectively. You can upload an image, video, PDF, or audio file with these extensions: M4A, FLAC, MP3, MP4, WAV, and AAC.
💡 You can upload multiple files as long as each file won't exceed 1 Gigabyte. If your student wants to download a file, advise them to right-click and then save the file.
Step 2: (Optional) Add more resources
This section helps you add more information about your discussion. You can also do a short quiz after they complete the activity. This helps you know their insights and assess their understanding of the topic.
- To add more resources or references, use the Add Resources section to upload files.
- To add questions, select the Ask questions checkbox.
💡 To add more or remove a question, select the plus ➕ or trash 🗑️ icon, respectively, next to the Type dropdown.
Step 3: Configure the settings of the content
Set up the following based on how you want to facilitate your activity.
- Track activity: This allows the member to mark the activity as complete. This helps you track their progress in the course in percentage.
⚠️ Moving a student to a different batch resets their progress on the course.
- Repeat activity: Based on the nature of the activity, members can access and repeat the activity even after marking it complete. This helps them go back and review the contents of the course or download a resource that they need access to.
- Allow Upload Homework: This goes hand-in-hand with the Ask Questions feature. Members can upload their homework as an image, video, audio, or PDF file.
- Allow Demo Activity: Enable this if you want to publish the activity for the "demo" batch. This gives them a glimpse of what the course is about, especially if they haven’t decided to buy the course yet.
- Hide Activity on member TOC: Enable the content to hide from the list of tables of contents in the student view.
Step 4: Submit and publish the activity
Make sure that all changes are being saved. Otherwise, it won't reflect on your members' end.
- To finish adding content and save the changes, select Submit Activity.
- To make this activity available to your members, scroll up and toggle the Publish button.
💡 Select which batches can see this activity. Select the Manage Batch 👥 icon next to publish and toggle the corresponding batch.
🎉 Voila! You just created your first activity.
Your students can now start learning more about the course.
Created by: Paul Romuel Danila