Set up sales tax
Learn how to set up sales tax on Wajooba.
Sales tax is a government-imposed tax added to the products or services you offer to your customers. When a member buys or register for a membership, Wajooba automatically calculates and adds the appropriate sales tax to the total price of the item or service, which helps ensure that your business stays compliant with tax laws and regulations.
We'll help you set up your sales tax.
Step 1: Set up sales tax
To set up sales tax, follow these steps.
- From your Wajooba account, go to Settings ⚙️.
- To configure the sales tax percentage, select Payment Settings.
- In the Sales Tax (%) field, enter the percentage of sales tax that will be added to the total price of items in every checkout.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and select Submit.
Whenever you process payments from members who availed any of the products you sell, Wajooba will automatically calculate the amount of sales tax based on the total amount of the items they purchased.
Step 2: (Optional) Set a course membership or product as taxable
A course membership, event ticket, or product can be taxable based on how you set up the pricing respectively. Follow these steps to allow Wajooba to automatically calculate and add sales tax whenever a new or existing member makes a purchase.
- From your Wajooba account, create a paid course, paid event, or product.
- On the Add pricing step, select Settings ⚙️ to customize the pricing option.
- Select the Is taxable checkbox to allow Wajooba to automatically calculate and add sales tax.
- Continue setting up the rest of your course, event, or product.
In case you need to update your course, event, or product taxability in the future, you can refer to these articles to update your pricing.
Created by: Paul Romuel Danila