Set up credit card fees
Learn how to set up credit card fees on Wajooba.
Credit card fees are fees charged by payment service providers to process credit card payments made by members for courses, donations, and events. These fees are usually a percentage of the total transaction amount and are added on top of the product or service cost. Payment service providers, such as Stripe, Razorpay, and Nelnet, charge these fees to cover the costs of credit card transactions, such as transaction processing, fraud prevention, and other administrative costs.
The transaction fee for every successful credit card transaction online may vary depending on the payment service provider that you use. To know more, you can visit Stripe, Nelnet, or Razorpay's website, or you can contact them for more info.
We, at Wajooba, continuously work with different payment service providers to lessen this amount and to provide businesses like you with a cheaper and more flexible option to process credit card transactions.
We'll help you set up credit card fees on your account.
Step 1: Set up credit card fees
Follow these steps.
- From your Wajooba account, go to Settings ⚙️.
- To set up your credit card fees, select Payment Settings.
- In the Credit Card Fees (%) field, enter the percentage of the card processing fee.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and select Submit.
Everytime a new customer purchases a course, or event, or make donations to your organization, Wajooba will automatically calculate the credit card fees based on the total amount of their purchase.
Step 2: (Optional) Pass on credit card fees to customers
After your set up the credit card fees, you can opt to pass on these fees to your customers whenever they make a purchase or donation to your organization. Follow these steps.
- From your Wajooba account, create a paid course, paid event, or donation.
- On the Add pricing step, select Settings ⚙️ to customize the pricing option.
- To pass on the credit card fees to your customers, select the Charge Card Fees checkbox.
- Continue with the rest of the setup, then Submit to save the changes.
If you wish to update this setting for each of your courses, events, donation campaigns, or products in the future, you can refer to these articles as a guide.
Created by: Paul Romuel Danila